Skip to content

Networthify

2 results found

1. Chart calculation is a bit wrong.

If your savings is at 0, then it gives you 0 as a return on your first year investments. In reality, the return would be 1/2 of the normal return since you usually don't wait until years end to invest the money, but instead buy your 401k(or others) every month usually.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks! You are right. I really appreciate you letting me know.

I fixed this. I’d love it if you reviewed my changes.

I do the calculations for the graph and the table with completely separate code. So the values in the graph are unchanged and should still be correct. Its only the values in the table that have changed.

When reviewing the values in the table keep in mind the effect of the withdrawal rate on when you can retire. I need to do something to make this more clear to users but I’m not yet sure what.

2. Be able to link to a specific savings rate so you can share links with other people

This would work similar to google maps links. It would be cool if you could embed other variables in the url too -- not just the savings rate

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When you enter values into the early retirement calculator the location url now updates to reflect those values. This means you can more easily share links with other people.

• Don't see your idea?

Networthify

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base